A patient who is diagnosed with hypertension or high blood pressure and then the first way which is we seeking is medicine but the main thing is left in the due course,which is Life style change. If a healthy lifestyle is adopted then medicines can be avoided
Ways to achieve Non medical hypertension management
The following lifestyle changes can be used for non medication hypertension management:
- With the increase of weight, blood pressure also rises. It is always advised to lower the body weight to reduce the stress on the heart and other organs. Losing 5 to 8 kilograms will help to keep the hypertension in control. The waist line needs to be kept under 40 cm for men and 35 cm for women to be away from hypertension risk.
- The above can be done with regular exercise for at least 30 minutes on a daily basis ,as it will keep the hypertension under control in safer levels. The best exercises recommended to control hypertension are swimming, cycling, dancing or yoga with breathing exercises. Please consult your physician before taking up any exercise.
- The above said can be kept up only when the diet is rich in grains, fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products. These will aid the balance of cholesterol in the body leading to low hypertension. This planned approach in diet is called Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet.
- The food intake should be on the lower side of sodium intake as it will aid in reducing the blood pressure on a regular basis. Reduce the intake of processed food in the diet and addition of excess salt.
- The alcohol intake needs to be limited too as it is bad for health as it increases the blood pressure level in the body beyond control. Thus it is not advisable to drink it regularly. In the same way smoking needs to be quit as it also a main component aids in increasing the hyper tension in the body.
Thus by following the above modes, one can keep hypertension in control.